These figures are a part of the annual report published by the Energy Regulatory Commission (REK) according to which, 66.41 % of electricity consumed in Macedonia is covered by domestic production, while the remaining 33.59 % is covered through imports.
According to the report, a total of 22 small hydropower plants (SHPP) were built and commissioned in Macedonia in 2015, along with 10 photovoltaic (PV) power plants and two biogas power plants. The installed capacity of commissioned SHPPs amounts to 21.17 MW, which pushed the combined capacity of all small hydropower plants in Macedonia to 95.6 MW or 4.66 % of total installed capacity in the country.
Full article available for subscribers of Energy NEWS service (PDF publications, energy news, analyses, power and trading data, tenders)
Subscription fee: 800 EUR annually – company licensed
Tags: biogas, electricity, hydro, Macedonia, photovoltaic, production, renewables, RES, SHPP, solar, statistical