Preparatory works on the construction of biomass-powered central heating plant in Banja Luka has started, as well as the upgrade of the existing heating pipelines in the city.
Local government in Banja Luka has signed a strategic partnership agreement with the IEE Group company, thus establishing Eko Toplane joint-venture that will operate the future plant. Under the terms of the contract, the city will invest about 7.5 million euros in the project for 49 % stake in joint-venture, while IEE will invest 8 million euros for the remaining 51 % of the shares.
Full article available for subscribers of Energy NEWS service (PDF publications, energy news, analyses, power and trading data, tenders)
Subscription fee: 800 EUR annually – company licensed
Tags: Banja Luka, BIH, biomass, Bosnia and Herzegovina, construction, Eko Toplana, heating, heating plant, IEE Group, RS