Slovakian unit of Hungarian MOL Group and MVM Group have submitted a joint, non-binding offer for purchase of Enel`s 66% stake in Slovakian Slovenske Elektrarne. Remaining shares in the company are owned by the government of Slovakia. Enel confirmed it received several non-binding bids, but did not disclose all bidder. Till now, it is known that Czech CEZ and MVM –Slovnaft submitted non-binding bids. Enel said in a statement that deadline for submission of binding bids will be set to the beginning of 2015.
Spokesman of the refiner Slovnaft said that the bid “corresponds to the long term strategy of maintaining and strengthening its strategic position on the regional energy market by diversifying its portfolio”.
ENEL purchased 66% of “Slovenske Elektrarne” for 839 million euros in 2006. Remaining 34% share is owned by the government of Slovakia. Generation portfolio of “Slovenske Elektrarne” stands at 5,740 MW, and it covers 80% of Slovakian energy demand, with annual generation of over 22 TWh.