Oradea City Hall announced that it will continue with the rehabilitation program of the district heating network by replacing another 23 kilometers of the main pipeline network and the modernization of the thermal power stations, a project for which approximately 32 million euros is allocated.
95% of this funding is European funds, through the Large Infrastructure Operational Program (PMOI) 2014-2020, while the remaining 5% is the contribution of Oradea municipality. The Mayor of Oradea Ilie Bolojan said that in the first stage of the project, thermal power station was reconstructed and over 17 kilometers of the main pipeline network were rehabilitated. In the second stage, the municipality is in the process of completing the replacement of more than 20 kilometers of main pipeline. And for the third stage, it had allocated 27 million euros, plus VAT, which is about 32 million euros in total.
Full article available for subscribers of Energy NEWS service (PDF publications, energy news, analyses, power and trading data, tenders)
Subscription fee: 800 EUR annually – company licensed
Tags: district heating, grant, Oradea, reconstruction, Romania